Team Building for the Future.
Spray Tech / Junair’s employees are vital to the success of our company. Our employees come from many different backgrounds representing a number of different skill sets. Become part of our team as we continue to reach new heights in the future.
Announcing an Exciting Career Opportunity for the Position of
Human Resources Manager
What We Do:
For more than 20 years SprayTech has been a leading manufacturer of high-performance automotive, truck, industrial & aircraft paint booths, custom designed industrial finishing systems, powder coating equipment, environmental enclosures, air movement systems, dust collection systems & makeup air unit booths for industry.
Our Mission Statement:
To realize the full potential of every employee – to develop, create, motivate, and inspire.
Under direction of the General Manager, oversees, plans, directs and manages the following programs and activities; human resources; labor relations; risk management; employee safety; worker’s compensation, insurances, advises management and staff on human-related issues, develops, and coordinates human resources policies and procedures; performs related duties as assigned. Be creative in improving the culture of the business. This is a management level classification which involves technical concepts and difficult personnel work.
- Administers a wide variety of personnel policies and programs (i.e.: advertising positions, processing applications, recruitment, separation, verifying employment, orientation) for conforming to the company’s policies, procedures and relevant state and local laws.
- Communicates with applicants, employees, and departments for providing information and assistance concerning employment, procedures, policies, and related legal requirements.
- Develops a wide variety of written materials, (i.e.: forms, procedures, brochures, pamphlets) for documenting activities, events, references or conveying related information.
- Demonstrates a willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assist employees and managers with interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Handles employee relations counseling and logs appropriately in the system.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Review, interpret and recommend policy, process, or program improvements.
- Willing to be creative and innovated in the pursuit of a “family” work atmosphere.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an innovative, forward-thinking individual who will not only be able to envision the most appropriate and effective path for the company, but will effectively motivate staff and provide clear direction to implement the necessary steps to effect change.
- Can provide clear direction and strategic planning for the organization which will encourage improvements.
- Will utilize professional judgment and expertise as a manager as well as effective communication across a wide range of audiences.
- Is a successful leader who is capable of organizing employees to effectively accomplish organizational goals while managing and improving processes.
- Is skilled in effective management principles and practices such as goal setting, program development, training, supervision, evaluations and mentoring of staff.
- Someone who is positive, approachable, and dedicated to excellence while challenging and empowering staff.
- Will be proactive and solution-oriented in addressing challenges and opportunities.
- Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards of the company.
- The Human Resources Manager will perform a training needs assessment within 3 months of their start date. This assessment will clarify objectives of the organization/department/position, identify resource deficiencies that may hinder actualization, identify opportunities for cross-training. Based on the results of the training assessment, develop a training plan to resolve identified deficiencies and enhance employee development.
- The successful candidate will review the existing vacation and sick leave program with the intention of simplifying program administration.
- Within 6 months, develop and implement a training program for all employees based on the completed training needs assessment, including development of appropriate training materials for each position within the organization.
- Within 1 year of their start date, develop, implement, and ensure completion of a cross-training program, ensuring that all shop employees having been cross-trained in at least one other area of focus.
- Within 1 year, complete a review and update of standard operating procedures for every department, implementing a standardized documentation and organization process.
- Within 1 year and moving forward, the successful candidate will ensure that human resources and organizational procedures are reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure policies and procedures are accurate, up-to-date, compliant with all necessary state and federal regulations, and reflect the core values and mission of the organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal to a wide variety of people and positions within the organization.
- Excellent time management, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and advocacy skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn and use other systems and software packages.
- Five years of increasingly responsible human resources and safety management experience including two years of supervisory responsibility.
- English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Mathematical principles.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of a comprehensive human resources program.
- Advanced principles and practices utilized in personnel administration, including in the areas of employment relations, contact administration, public recruitment and selection of employees, health and welfare benefits administration, classification/compensation programs, risk management, safety, and professional development.
- Principles and practices of program development and administration.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including those governing and affecting human resources, labor relations, and employment.
- Counseling and disciplinary procedures and processes.
- Conflict resolution and mediation procedures.
- Principles of business letter writing and report preparation.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Management/supervisory concepts and techniques.
The salary range for the position of Human Resources Manager is up to $85,000 per year. Placement within the salary range will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. SprayTech offers a comprehensive benefit plan, some of which includes:
To Be Considered:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume at: email@example.com. This position is open until filled. First review of submittals will begin after August 28, 2017, so please submit your resume promptly for consideration.
Following the filing date, resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined on the previous page. The most qualified candidates will be invited to personal interviews.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barbara Vega, Principal Consultant at: firstname.lastname@example.org.